Monday, July 30, 2012

Gerard's Beauty

Is finally live!

http://www.amazon.com/Gerards-Kingdom-Paranormal-Fantasy-Romance-ebook/dp/B008QPCII8/ref=la_B008J4SSIU_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343678689&sr=1-2

Wow, what a long journey for me. I started writing 10 years ago, back then I thought everything I wrote was pretty brilliant, I soon learned there was a lot more to writing than stringing a couple of words together. It took skill, imagination, a passion for wordsmithing, and tons and tons of coffee!

This journey has not been easy, and it took many twists and turns along the way, but through it all I hope I've become a better writer and that someday I'll be more than an obscure author in a sea of millions, but someone you'll trust to take you to faraway places, laugh with, love with, and finally close your book with a smile and a happy sigh.

Thanks to all of you for your constant words of encouragement, I literally couldn't have done gotten here without it. Also know, as the great Alexander Pope once said, to err is human; to forgive divine. I'm sure, though I've scoured my works for months on end before daring to hit publish, there may be an error or two, or gasp! more... just know I take my work very seriously and do try to put out quality. When an error comes to my attention I will work to remedy the problem... so be patient with me as I travel this sometimes bumpy road of publication.

And now a blurb of Gerard's Beauty:

A not so classic retelling of Beauty and the Beast, as seen through the eyes of the villain...

Betty Hart has had it with men. Jilted in love, her life now consists of shelving books by day, watching too much Anime by night, and occasionally dressing up like a superhero on the weekends with her fellow ‘Bleeding Heart’ nerds. Men are not welcome and very much unwanted. Especially the sexy Frenchman who saunters into her library reeking of alcohol and looking like he went one too many rounds in the ring.

Gerard Caron is in trouble. Again. Caught with his pants down (literally) he’s forced to seek asylum on Earth while his fairy godmother tries to keep Prince Charming from going all ‘Off with his head’. Maybe, messing around with the King’s daughter hadn’t been such a great idea after all, not that Gerard knew the silly redhead was a princess. But his fairy godmother knows the only way to save his life is to finally pair Gerard with his perfect mate, whether he’s willing or not.

From the moment Gerard lays eyes on the nerdy librarian he knows he must have her, but Betty is unlike any woman he’s ever known. He thought Betty would come as willingly to his bed as every other woman before her, but she is a woman who demands respect and even… horror of all horrors… love. Is it possible for a self-proclaimed Casanova to change his ways?
 
Happy reading!
~Marie

No comments: