Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Answers about Huntsman's Prey

So lately I've been asked by a few readers why I choose to do what I did with Huntsman's Prey. Most of you love it, some of you don't. I understand it, totally. And since I've now answered this question a few times, I thought you know... maybe I ought to just put a tiny little explanation on my site about what led me to do what I did.

IF you've not read Huntsman turn away now. ;)






SPOILERS.............






So I crafted a story of a man who falls in love with one woman, but a woman who has a dissociative disorder. My reason for doing it was really quite simple.

1. She's the Hatter's daughter, so to me it only made sense to create a character who battled with madness in some form.

2. I love to write romances that aren't always the most typical H/h combination. There are plenty of people in the real world who battle with the condition and whom I admire greatly. I feel very strongly that no matter who you are in life, and what you grapple with, we all have one overwhelming and powerful need. We all just want to find love and be loved. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In my head it wasn't Chrysa's fault that she was born as she was and so I wasn't going to punish her for it. She had every right to find her happily ever after as the next person did. And so I crafted a tale that's slightly outside the norm, but again, it's Wonderland. No one that exists there is really all there to begin with anyway. LOL

And that's really all there is. Understand that though Aeric fell in love with two different personalities, they both belonged to one woman, there was just more of her to love. He wasn't cheating by doing so, Chrysa understood that and I hope now that you do too. And if not, well... again, I completely understand.

So happy reading!
~Marie


2 comments:

mommy of two said...

I loved it. Liked that she mirrored what Wonderland is all about. Beautiful choas.

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it! :)